How to make slime kits? This is the question of most people who do not want to buy slime outside and want to make it by their own hands. Making Slime kits at home is not difficult, if you do not know how to do Slime, then you should follow the following article. In this article, I will share with you how to make extremely easy slime kits with available materials and easy to find and learn, which is making foam slime.
What you need
- Bowls and spoons
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Xanthan gum
- Green food color
Making foam slime
- Step 1: Pour vinegar into the bowl. Add 2 cups of white vinegar to the bowl. You only use white vinegar. Do not replace with other types like apple cider vinegar.
- Step 2: Add xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a thickening and stabilizing agent. You can buy it online or at a store selling cosmetic ingredients. Add 1 and 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to the vinegar and stir well. Continue stirring until there are no white molecules and the mixture will be smooth and transparent.
Xanthan gum is sometimes hard to find in the supermarket. You must order online, so be sure to order a few days before you want to make slime.
- Step 3: Add green food color. A few drops of green food color will make the mixture look softer. You should only add a few drops first and increase it until the mixture has the desired color.
- Step 4: Refrigerate the mixture overnight. The mixture will remain thin after finishing. For a thick texture, you should put the mixture in the refrigerator. Although it only takes 2 to 3 hours for the mixture to solidify, it’s best to leave it overnight. This makes xanthan gum completely soluble.
- Step 5: Apply baking soda to a flat surface. You should do this right at the hand sink or in the tub to have a flat surface that is easy to clean after being done. Sprinkle baking soda on the surface or bottom of the bowl you choose to cover with baking soda on the surface.
- Step 6: Stir the slime one more time. When you remove the mixture from the refrigerator, stir once more. Continue stirring until the slime appears cloudy and slightly creamy.
- Step 7: Add vinegar until the texture is correct. To check if the mixture is ready, scoop some of the mixture with a spoon and pour it back into the bowl. The mixture flows quickly into the bowl. If it is too thick and flows slowly down, you should add some vinegar to the stir. Continue adding vinegar until the mixture drops easily.
- Step 8: Pour the mixture on the surface covered with baking soda. When the slime has thickened, pour it onto the surface with baking soda. Baking soda is a polymer and slime is an acid because of vinegar. Adding baking soda will make the slime foam. The more salt you add, the more slime the slime will become and the longer it will last.
- Step 9: Play slime. There are many ways to play with slime. You can imagine slime as poisonous water on some planet, for example, and play with toy astronauts. In addition, you can also use toy dinosaurs and imagine slime as a kind of mucus in prehistoric times. Some people just need to watch the slime effervescent.
- Observe small children when playing with slime.
- If slime is hardened, add some water.
- Do not let children swallow slime.
- Remember to wash toys after playing with slime.
- Do not eat slime because it is not safe to swallow.
- Vinegar is an acid and baking soda is a triglyceride. Therefore, you should use gloves and safety glasses when performing or observing the process of making slime with these two substances.
Although there are many ways to make slime kits, it seems that making foam slime is the simplest and easiest way to do it because all the ingredients we need to prepare are very easy to buy or search. In addition, if you cannot find the market or supermarket where you live, you can buy them online easily. Above, I shared with you about foaming slime, hope that you can make it successful from the first time.